Applying for the NCORE-ISCORE project
To be considered for the NCORE-ISCORE initiative, students must:
- Be interested in promoting racial and ethnic harmony.
- Be enrolled full-time at ISU at the time of application and during the following academic year.
- Be a first, second, or third-year undergraduate student at Iowa State University.
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Be available to attend mandatory NCORE pre-conference orientation meetings
- Be available to attend the National Conference on Race and Ethnicity
- Attend and fully participate in a minimum of 20 session hours
- Attend and fully participate in all evening group and team meetings
- Enroll in University Studies 321 in the fall (3:40–5:30 pm on Thursdays).
- Attend monthly team meetings during spring 2021, in preparation for ISCORE (dates and times TBA).
- Present at ISCORE on Friday, March 4, 2022.
- An essay that specifically addresses
- Your academic interests and achievements.
- Your leadership interests and experience.
- Your reasons for wanting to attend and participate in NCORE.
- A résumé.
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty or staff member. (Submit letters here.)
- A list of courses planned to take in the fall semester. If you are applying to a professional program in your college (Architecture, Graphic Design, Athletic Training, etc.), please also list the courses you would need to take if admitted. Please indicate if you are planning to take a course that would be in conflict with UST 321.
- Application Due: open until all candidate spots are filled
- Application Review and Phone Interviews: open until all candidate spots are filled