NCORE-ISCORE PROJECT FOR STUDENTS
Each year, the NCORE-ISCORE Project Office accepts applications from Iowa State students interested in attending the National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in Higher Education (NCORE). In 2018 the conference will be held in New Orleans. Students then present new knowledge gained from their NCORE experience at the Iowa State Conference on Race and Ethnicity (ISCORE) the following year.
Benefits from NCORE-ISCORE Project!
This year-long developmental program on race and ethnicity includes attendance at and participation in NCORE, taking UST 321—a course designed to expand your knowledge of issues around race and provide you with tools to deliver a thought-provoking presentation at ISCORE. Other benefits students can look forward to include:
- Developing leadership skills.
- Making a positive impact on the university community.
- Networking with students and professionals from across the country.
- Getting to know more faculty and staff members at ISU.
- Building positive mentoring and peer relationships.